Join us for the Marshall Autumn Fest in Marshall, Illinois
By Joel Sims | September 19th 2019
Marshall, Illinois is gearing up for the annual Autumn Fest, Sept 20,21,22. There is something for everyone from kids to seniors. The weekend kicks off with the crowning the festivals tiny ambassadors. If your son or daughter would like to participate please contact Jillian Sanders at 217-251-0211 to register. Spots are filling up fast.
The highlight of the weekend happens on Saturday, September 21st when the annual parade kicks off. The parade begins at 11am and takes a route going from Burnside Nursing home on North Second Street to Archer Ave. then following Archer past the courthouse to 7th Street where it takes a left to end up in front of the post office.
If your group or organization wants to participate in the parade, contact The Marshall Autumn Fest Committee. Not that registration and line up are scheduled from 8:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. prior to parade time. All units must report to the registration booth that will be located in the high school parking lot, located on 5th street. If you plan to enter a float and want to be judged, you must be in place by 10:00 a.m. Please be considerate when decorating your float. Nothing offensive will be allowed in the parade.
We are very excited about all the fantastic musical performances this year.
Here are some of the acts that will be performing at the Marshall Bandstand:
Jake Hoult - Country Singer/Songwriter. Jake has had the pleasure of performing in front of audiences across the U.S. including venues in Branson, Missouri and Nashville, Tennessee. Jake has had the pleasure of sharing the bill with a number of artists from Classic Country hit maker, Ronnie McDowell to Contemporary Christian artist, Matthew West. The band will perform some original music, high energy Country, Rock & Roll, and Pop. Jake’s musical influences include, Elvis Presley, Garth Brooks, Brad Paisley, Jake Owen, Dierks Bentley and many more.
Bill Forness & One More Round -. Celebrating the life and music of one of the most influential musicians of our time, Bill Forness has mastered the essence of a real Johnny Cash performance. With a deep baritone voice and a theatrical stage presence, Bill Forness & One More Round has become the most sought-after Johnny Cash Tribute act anywhere. The show delivers hits from the 1950′s onward.
Morry Sochat and The Special 20’s - bringing a fresh sound to the Chicago Blues scene. They mix classic Chicago Blues with Swing and Rock N’ Roll from the 1950’s. The band is influenced by the best in blues history. Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Louis Jordan, Junior Wells, and all of the Chicago greats.
Francelle – This petite powerhouse, singer-songwriter hails from Canada’s East Coast. Her unique vocal styles are frequently compared to our great country music legends Patsy Cline and Dolly Parton. Francelle is also an accomplished guitar & mandolin player and always brings the house down with her nonstop energy and world class performances.
Pix & Stix Band - This classic rock and country band playing your favorite hits is a hometown favorite. The band is made up of local artists, John Golish, Phil Ivy, Chris Wilson, Jeff Lookebill, and Tammy Lowe.
Don’t miss the Car, Truck, & Bike Shows
Marshall Autumn Fest Bike Show
Sunday, September 22, 2019
Entry Fee: $8.00 Pre-Entry
$10.00 Day of Show
Marshall Autumn Fest Car and Truck Show
Sunday, September 22, 2019
Entry Fee $12 Pre-Registered
Several Items were donated by http://www.carguygarage.com/
Here’s a full schedule of all the events, music, and “doings” at the Marshall Autumn Fest.
Friday September 20
- 4pm - Fish Dinner at the Marshall VFW
- 6pm - Opening Ceremony
- 6pm – The Prince & Princess Coronation
- 6pm - Vendor & Food Booths Open
- 6pm – The Cake Walk at the Optimist Club, 6th& Locust
- 6:30-7:45 - The Jake Hoult Band performs
- 7:45 - Welcome by Mayor John Trefz
- 8-9:30 - Bill Forness & One More Round performs
- 9:30-10:30 - Street Dance featuring Sanders Sound Machine
Saturday September 21
- 7-10am - Pancake Breakfast at (MAYN) 702 Plum St.
- 7:30am - Shop with a Cop 5k Run/1mile Walk
11am - The Parade kicks off
- 12:00-8pm - Wine Tasting, Beer Garden, & DJ at Moe’s
- 12:15pm - Circle City Sidewalk Stompers , Archer Ave.
- 12:30pm - Talents Unlimited, Bandstand
- 2-4pm - Morry Sochat & The Special 20’s performs
- 2pm Kid’s - Craft at Harlan Hall
- 2pm - Bags Tournament at 5th& Locust
- 4-8pm - Spaghetti Dinner at the Masonic Lodge
- 4-5pm - Bite or Flight, Clark County Sherriff on Archer Ave.
- 5:45-7:45 - Trouble & Company perform
- 6pm - Cake Walk at St. Mary’s Church, 6th& Locust
- 7:45pm - Welcome by Mayor John Trefz. Bandstand
- 8-9:30pm – Francelle performs
- 9:30-10:30 - Street Dance with Sanders Sound Machine on Archer Ave.
Sunday September 22
- 7:30-11:30 - Car/Truck Registration at Shore-Murphy
- 9am-12pm - Bike Registration at the Marshall VFW
- 10:30am - Worship w/Pastor Tim Duke on the Square
- 11:30am - Tot Rod Pedal Pull Registration at 5th& Locust
- 11:30am - Volleyball Tourney Register at 5th& Locust
- 12:00-2pm - Car/Truck Show Judging
- 12pm - Tot Rod Pedal Pulls, 5th& Locust
- 12pm –4pm - Volleyball Tournament at 5th& Locust
- 1:30-3:30pm - Pix & Stix perform
- 4:00pm - Bike Show Trophies at Marshall VFW
- 4:00pm - Car & Truck Trophies at the Bandstand
Other things to note about the weekend:
- On Friday, Saturday, Sunday, the Beer Patio will be open at the Marshall VFW from 9am12am
- Food, Arts, & Crafts Vendors will open at 6pm on Friday and will be open thru 4pm Sunday during Festival Hours
- All Music will be performed on the Bandstand unless we experience inclement weather. It that case, we will move the performers to Harlan Hall.
So, make it a weekend. Come visit Marshall, Illinois and see why we call it home!